Microneedling & Nanoneedling Services at Union Wellness
Microneedling for Face/Skin: Once every 3-4 weeks depending on skin type and need.
Nanoneedling: 1-3 times per week or as needed.
Scalp: 1-2 times per month depending on skin type and need.
Hyaluronic Acid: Naturally found in your skin that holds water and helps keep it hydrated and plump. A key function of hyaluronic acid is to help lubricate joints, skin, and eyes. Hyaluronic Acid has a high attraction to water. It holds water and hydrates under the skin. This fills in wrinkles and nourishes skin. Hyaluronic acid acts as your main base for Micro & Nano needling and is placed on the skin before using a Microneedling pen.
TCM Action: Tonifies facial /skin Qi
Biomedical Actions: Promote The Reproduction Of Facial Cells Under The Epidermis. Builds Stem cells.
Apple stem cells are similar to Human stem cells in that they can heal and regenerate tissue. The Apple stem cells come from a special and very rare Uttwiler Spätlauber species of apples from Switzerland. These slow growing apples have been shown to encourage the proliferation of your own facial stem cells; maintain healthy skin, repair damaged skin and slow down the aging process. Scientists at Mibelle Biochemistry conducted a study on cell viability which showed that, at a concentration of only 0.1%, an extract of Uttwiller Spätlauber stem cells stimulated the regeneration and proliferation of human stem cells by an astounding 80%. In short, Apple Stem Cells can quickly replenish dying skin cells, heal and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
More on Apple Stem cells here:
TCM Action: Moves Blood and Fluids
Biomedical Actions: Best for clearing melanin pigmentation from the skin.
Decreases Age Spots and Melasma. Acts on diverse stages of melanin deposition and production in the skin to improve luminosity and decrease visibility of hyperpigmented areas to balance out the skin tone.
Reduced melan-A protein levels (40%), thus interfering with development of melanosomes
• Diminishes the amount of human tyrosinase protein by up to 48.9%, and its activity by 24.3%
• Decreases the amount of melanin pigment produced by melanocyte in culture by 61.3%
• In acting on melanocytes, resulted in a 69% lower uptake of particles (phagocytosis)
• Neutralizes hyperpigmentation, that which is related to age spots, in epidermis
In Vivo Studies:
• A panel of 21 females (22-65 years old) with dark circles applies a placebo cream on one side of the eye contour area, and a cream with 1% Lumos on the other side, twice a day for 28 days. The vascular component (red color) of dark circles was then calculated from high resolution photographs taken under cross polarized light. • The active ingredient reduced the vascular component of dark circles by 1.5%, and was 35.7% more effective than the placebo.
•A group of 20 female subjects (41-66 years old) showing eyebags used a cream with 4% 1% Lumos marine ingredient on half of the face around the eye and a placebo cream on the other half, twice a day, for 28 days. Fringe projection technique was used to evaluate the eyebags volume. The results were already evident after 14 days, reducing them by 8.2% after 28 days.
•A panel of 18 females (40-54 years old) applied a placebo cream or a cream with 2% 1% Lumos on crow's feet wrinkles of one eye or the other, twice a day for 14 days. Measurement of in vivo skin topometry of crow's feet was performed by fringe projections. 1% Lumos provided a general smoothing effect by reducing roughness by 9%, mean wrinkle depth by 8.75% and maximum wrinkle depth by 9.8%.
TCM Actions: Moves blood and interstitial fluid. Resolve damp fluid retention.
Biomedical Actions: Helps clear bilirubin and fluid buildup around the eyes.
Gets Rid Of Eye bags, Dark Circles & Puffiness. Best used with Nanoneedling.
Shown in studies to break up bilirubin around the eyes, getting rid of eye bags.
Eye puffiness appears due to liquid retention as a consequence of higher permeability of blood vessels, which when added to bilirubin accumulation (from hemoglobin breakdown) induces vascular pigmentation and therefore dark circles. In addition, the deterioration of skin support proteins, like collagen and elastin, contributes to an increased visibility of such signs, besides the development of wrinkles.
• Decreases vascular permeability to ameliorate eyebags and dark circles
• Enhances bilirubin degradation to reduce the vascular pigmentation that causes dark
coloration under the eyes
• Promotes the production of type I collagen and elastin by dermal fibroblasts
• Diminishes glycation of collagen to maintain strength and elasticity of the dermis
• In vivo, it improves the appearance of all signs of aging in the eye contour area including dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles.
In Vivo Studies:
• A panel of 21 females (22-54 years old) with dark circles apples, once a day for 28 days, a placebo, cream on one side of the eye contour area and a cream with 1% OcculusTM on the other side, twice a day. The vascular component (red color) of dark circles was then calculated from high resolution photographs obtained under cross-polarized light.
• The active ingredient reduced the vascular component of dark circles by 1.5% and was 35.7% more effect than the placebo.
• A group of 20 females (aged 41-66), showing eyebags, used a cream with 4% Oculus marine ingredient, twice a day for 28 days, on half the face around the eye and a placebo cream on the other half. Fringe projection technique was used to evaluate eyebags volume. The results were evident after 14 days, reducing them by 8.2% after 28 days.
• A panel of 18 females (aged 40-54) applied a placebo cream or a cream with 2% Oculus on crow’s feet wrinkles of one eye or the other, twice a day for 14 days. Measurement of in vivo skin topometry of crow’s feet was performed by fringe projections. Oculus provided a general smoothing effect by reducing roughness by 9%, mean wrinkle depth by 8.75%, and maximum wrinkle depth by 9.8%.
For Mature Older Skin
TCM Actions: Boosts Primal Kidney Qi Essence Of Facial Cells
Biomedical Actions: Helps cells regain their ability to grow and divide. Best For mature older or thin skin.
Extensive research has shown that Tian Men Dong substantially combats two principal signs of skin aging by providing the skin a more firm and thicker appearance.
• Aging skin loses resilience and elasticity; skin layers are thinned and protein concentration, such as collagen, decreases. Senescence65 strengthens the skin to delay cellular aging.
• Accelerates the skin’s detoxifying processes, independent of age.
• Delivers an overall skin rejuvenation effect
More on Senescence365 here:
31 female volunteers (40–55 years old) applied an emulsion containing 3% Senescence65+ TMD® -Tian Men Dong and a placebo, one to each side of their face, twice a day for 56 days. The variation in collagen density was quantified by means of a SIAscope. The SIAscope emits a controlled light from a probe placed on the skin. The light reflection is characterized by the layered nature of skin tissue encountered.
After 56 days, 3% Senescence65+ TMD® - Tian Men Dong • significantly increases collagen density by 7.5% compared to Day 0.
•Significantly increases collagen density compared to placebo.
After 56 days, Senescence65+ TMD® - Tian Men Dong : • significantly increases the appearance of
dermis thickness by 18% compared to Day 0.
• Significantly increases the appearance of dermis thickness compared to placebo.
Acne Prone/Greasy Skin
TCM Actions: Spleen & Kidney Qi Deficiency Commonly Seen With Older Thin Skin
Biomedical Actions: Natural Collagen & Elastin Builder. Best For Damp Acne Prone Greasy Skin & Older Thinning Skin.
Elastin FL+TM is a multi-purposed active component that builds skin thickness, microcirculation, and radiance. It lessens the appearance of wrinkles characteristic of aging.
More on Eastin FL here:
Age reduces collagen and menopause even more accentuates this loss. Mature FL enhances the expression of Collagen IV and strengthens skin stability.
In Vivo Studies:
Repair & Aftercare after Microneedling
TCM Actions: Clear Heat, Resolve Swelling, Remove Toxicity.
Biomedical Actions: Helps Speed Up Facial Repair Process Post Microneedling